Thursday, August 04, 2005

Around the web

My computer is running super slow because I'm trying to download the Sufjan Stevens concert video that You Aint No Picasso graciously offers for all to see the greatness that is Sufjan.

I might not be running so slow if I weren't playing John Vanderslices, Peacocks in the video rain from the new album, the track found over at Travelers Diagram. I'm really excited about the new Vanderslice album, I know I'm going to like it already because thats the kind of guy he is.

I'm also enjoying the very excellent track He lays in the Reins from the Iron & Wine and Calexico callaboration. It sounds very promising but I'm not surprised by that (it is Iron & Wine and Calexico afterall). Head on over to Gorilla vs Bear to check it out




Frausdots - Dead Wrong
And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - Another Morning Stoner
Atmosphere - Bleed Slow I've been jamming a lot of Atmosphere lately
Atmosphere - Try to find a balance From Seven Travels
Atmosphere - Vampires (alt mix)
Deltron 3030 - Positive Contact
Postal Service - Nothing Better (Styrofoam Mix)


4 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger darwin said...

What do the mp3s have to do with the post? I don't get it..

=darwin

 
At 5:13 PM, August 06, 2005, Blogger b said...

Basically those are songs or bands I've been listening to lately. Also this is an mp3 blog and I post.........mp3s! Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 7:28 PM, August 06, 2005, Blogger darwin said...

Hrm. I thought mp3 blogs tended to post small numbers of songs, with information about the artists and links to a place you could buy their CD. That's what I thought distinguishes them from filesharing sites where you indiscriminately share large numbers of songs with no meta-content attached. You know, that mp3 blogs have a certain concept of working for the artists benefit (promotionally) while (illegally) sharing their copyrighted material.

I guess I must have been mistaken. Thanks for the clarification.

=darwin

 
At 5:52 PM, August 07, 2005, Blogger b said...

I do share information about artists but sometimes I just give songs for each person to form their own opinion. I wouldn't call 7 songs a large amount of those, 2 of the artists I haven't shared information about on this blog before. I'm sure we can argue about what you think an mp3 blog is "suppose" to be like but I'm sure no conclusion between the two of us will be met.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home