Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley

When I heard that Jenny Lewis was releasing a solo album I imagined her lone voice and an electric guitar. Replace that electric with an acoustic and the lone vocals with accompanying vocal duties of the Watson Twins and you have Rabbit Furcoat. Jenny Lewis' first solo album has a soulful southern charm which isn't what I was expecting but is a welcome surprise. The three part vocal harmonies along with Jenny Lewis' voice makes this album. Among the highlights, she does a Traveling Wilburys cover of Handle With Care featuring vocals from M. Ward, Ben Gibbard and Conor Oberst;

"I used to have a 'no covers' policy in Rilo Kiley, which I guess was me being stubborn," Lewis said. "I've always loved the Traveling Wilburys, and I thought about who could sing the different parts. And I thought, well, Ben could play Roy, because his voice is so pure and beautiful, and of course I thought of Conor doing the Dylan part, which I think is pretty awesome and humorous in its own right." -mtv.com

GvsB and Stereogum posted the song few days back here and here



Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins - Rabbit Furcoat
Release date: january 24, 2006
Label: Team Love

Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins - You Are What You Love
Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins - Melt Your Heart

4 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, December 19, 2005, Blogger Gabster said...

I just got this CD and it's amazing. It has such great harmonies.

 
At 2:57 PM, December 19, 2005, Blogger b said...

yea, I think the harmonies is what makes this a such a great album. That and Jenny Lewis' great voice.

 
At 12:15 AM, December 28, 2005, Anonymous billyG said...

Jenny Lewis' beautiful solo debut is currently available for pre-order at Insound.
http://search.insound.com/search/searchmain.jsp?select=meta&query=jenny+lewis+w%2F+the+watso

 
At 7:28 AM, August 10, 2010, Blogger Larah said...

Glad to hear it! Its the best online job to listening a beautiful music.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home