Friday, October 08, 2004

Return of the Drunk Ventriloquist

Radiohead - India Rubber is in my top 5 radiohead songs and there are a lot of favorites. I like the drums in the track and the songwriting is great as usual.

Elliott Smith - Miss Misery is also one of my favorites from a person who I have lots of favorites. He performed this on national televison and almost won best song in a movie for this in "Good Will Hunting" but lost to Madonna? Evita? Don't cry for my Argentina? Fuck that. I cry for the people who picked that over Elliott Smith. I'm sure she need another award. Retire already!

Eels - Novacain For the Soul....before I sputter out.

Deathray Davies - Maggie is a great song from my favorite local band, local as in Dallas. I'm going to see them in Denton on the 23rd of October. Also the song I wanted I couldn't find. Fucking internet. Great Power pop, think weezer but they don't collapse because the second album doesn't sell as good as the first but fans love it and then they make two crappy records and abandon their hardcore fans for radioplay and mtv then later start working on an album trying to rekindle the flame so that the old fans would come back


3 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, October 09, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:39 PM, October 11, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted the matador ad, it got me excited and I thought you'd be interested. BYES!

-Audrey

 
At 6:50 PM, October 12, 2004, Blogger b said...

how did you post on here, that comment feature was suppose to be gone and replaced by another

 

Post a Comment

<< Home