Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Theater Fire / Everybody Has A Dark Side

Its a scorching 95 degrees in a place that I (and many people) like to call Texas. I don't even know why anyone around here goes outside unless they have to. I took a step outside for about couple hours and my only comfort was the new snowcone hut setup down the street.

While driving around I flipped through couple of albums until I found something appropriate for the weather/environment and I finaly settled on the new Theater Fire album Everybody Has A Dark Side. They have that hot Texas summer soundtrack sound. They rightfully should, being from Fort Worth Texas.



The Theater Fire has a knack for spinning yarns about drifters, hangmen, brothers, and lovers grappling with their own honor, trust, guilt and loss. These tales are woven together by arrangements that include weeping pedal steel and violin, strains of accordion, mandolin and xylophone, plucked banjo and guitar, sorrowful brass and the clip-clop of found percussion. The songs combine influences as diverse as zydeco, bluegrass, mariachi, country, gospel and rock and roll - yet somehow remain unmistakably The Theater Fire.

Between their website and their record label site, there is 5 tracks available to download. Thats more than a third of the album. Too bad my favorite track from the album isn't one of those. I would describe them as more country leaning than rock.

The Theater Fire - These Tears Could Rust A Train
The Theater Fire - Kicking Up The Darkness
The Theater Fire - Fiddleback Weaver
The Theater Fire - Dark Side
The Theater Fire - I Heard About You

4 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, May 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe it was only 95. i was outside all day and it felt hotter. oh on a side note, i am sure you already know this, they are coming out with strangers with candy the movie.

 
At 7:38 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger b said...

yea, I was screened early last year. I think its coming out this summer

 
At 11:04 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger unhatched said...

so now that i'm a grown up i have to wear a suit in this god forsaken weather alllllllll summer long.

good thing i have a trusty briefcase that can hold my water

 
At 6:27 AM, June 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a freakin' awesome set of songs. I can't find anywhere that'll deliver to the UK though. So i'm being illegal. I hope they don't mind. And I love your site. I've found so much good music. You're a legend. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home