Friday, October 29, 2004

Interpol

I was thinking what was my idea of the perfect rock song. John Peel a famous British Radio personality died recently and the song which he dubbed the perfect rock song started showing up everywhere after. It wasn't by his favorite band or people he new or a band with chart success, he just thought it had all the elements of the perfect rock song. He gave his reason but I don't remember. His song was The Undertones - Teenage Kicks, which I downloaded and its okay I guess. The band was around in the late 70s-80s.

When I first heard the song that is my perfect rock song, I never thought about it I just new it after listening to it for a while. I sat there listening to it and I realized the song was perfect, there was no improving on it. It’s not my favorite song, not even a band that is one of my favorites. I was sitting in a stretcher in Medical City of Dallas right before surgery and I was really nervous about my surgery. Just laying there with a gown and IV already started in a room where they put people right before surgery. It was a heavily protected room with code entry and everyone had to be wearing a cap and scrubs to be in there. I sat there with about 10-12 people in there on beds right before surgery, I got wheeled on my bed to my parking spot and I waited there for a while for my doctor. There were curtains on both sides but at my feet I could see the chaos of all the nurses and surgeons walking back and forth. I was really nervous and my doctor hadn't shown up and I started singing this song to myself in my head. Then between nobody noticing me in a while and the chaos around me, I started humming it to myself and singing the lyrics and that was my last memory before I woke up and was given ice cubes to chew on and realized the surgery was over. But that was my only thought in my head, I could not think about how nervous I was and that was the point. It got me through that moment.



Interpol, “Evil”


Forums

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, January 31, 2013, Blogger rscredits said...

It is better to give than to receive. It is easy to be wise after the event.

Hey , what you say is really informative and funny, i like it and hope for more update.buy runescape gold

I think you just did a right thing to make this choice, rs gold you know that's really funny and i am sure you will not regret.

runescape gold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home