Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Another Stake Out

I spent a nice hour staking out the convenience store at the corner. I took note of who all bought booze and who didn't and some profile information about them and interesting observations. Some guy hit his car door against mine the first 2 minutes I got there. I just waved it off and he went to the payphone and started yelling angrily in Spanish. Every once in a while you'd get a phrase or word in English like, "who are you talking to?, who are you talking to?" and lots of "mother fucker" with some uttering of "shit" and variations of those in Spanish. Then he went in and bought beer. Good thing I waved that off he looked pretty drunk and mean. There are some weirdos that go/hang out there like me but I'm harmless until I'm armed with my golf club. Other than the various pay phoners and that one crack head who was just standing there smoking cigarette after cigarette and staring at me, it was tame. I guess that's what I get when I go to the nearest beer store to the "hood" as the police referred to it last time I got pulled over on my bike. Well, back to the Qualitative research. I'm trying my hardest to make a mockery of the system, doing a 3 month project in 2 days. A worthy risk.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home