Friday, April 21, 2006

Hip hop fridays / Mr. Nogatco, DJ Shadow

Dr. Nogatco's (Octogon spelled backwards) Nogotco Rd. is Kool Keiths newest creation. Keith, who is known for his Dr. Octogon, Black Elvis and various other incarnations, creates an album of paranoia with this, his newest release. It has the vibe of Viktor Vaughns (MF Doom) Venomous Villain and their is a good reason for that, both feature the same producer, Iz-Real.

Kool Keith is not fooling around, just check out the website dedicated to Nogatco (National Objectives for Governmental Astral-Terrestrial Covert Operations)

"Nogatco Rd." is Keith's most inventive and highly anticipated album in years. Complete with UFO conspiracies, alien autopsies, coded space raps, and an amazing array of some of the most original tracks in years. -- Amazon.com

Mr. Nogatco - Alpha Omega (The Beginning)
Mr. Nogatco - Live Dissection feat. Sage Francis and Sole



Pitchfork did a review of the new track by Kelis and they gave it 4.5 out of 5, I must say I am enjoying the song very much other than Kelis' vocals. After listening to this track I came to the way too obvious conclusion that the main asset that Kelis has is being backed by good production.

Kelis - Bossy (instrumental)
Kelis - Bossy



DJ Shadow is working on a new album with that Hyphy sound. I've read lots of negative words about the new tracks but I've liked what I heard so far. Its always hard when a musician you like changes the sound that you fell in love with. So far 3 Freaks, 4 Freaks and Seeing Thangs have been floating around the web. One thing that I wish Shadow would do is pick from a better flock of rappers for his tracks. Just watch this video for 3 Freaks:

DJ Shadow - 3 Freaks (video)


Download all three above mentioned tracks at Can I Bring My Gat?. I love the name of that blog.



Last but not least, Baby Got Book, a Christian version of Baby Got Back by Sir Mix A Lot.

Youtube


"I like big Bibles I can not lie, / You Christian brothers can’t deny, / When a girl walks in with a KJV / And a bookmark in proverbs, You get stoked"


1 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, April 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha nice one with the baby got book

 

Post a Comment

<< Home