Monday, November 20, 2006

Shaft

Today I read this article about two very recent hip hop songs sharing the same sample.

The "ubiquitous hip-hop sample of the moment" award goes to the horn loop from Johnny Pate's "Shaft in Africa."

The track, from the 1973 soundtrack of the same name, is prominently featured in "Show Me What You Got," the lead single from Jay-Z's new "Kingdom Come" (Roc-a-Fella/Def Jam), and "We Gon' Make It," the opening song from Diddy's recently released "Press Play" (Bad Boy).
Billboard


Johnny Pate - Shaft In Africa
(mp3)

When I first heard the Jay Z song on XM I thought that I was hearing a 90's classic then the song took a weird change and I realized it wasn't my beloved Rump Shaker made famous by Wreckx-N-Effect.

But I ain't into trickin' just to treatin'
And I ain't into treatin' every trick that I'm meetin'


Wreckx-N-Effect - Rump Shaker (m4a)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home