Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New Calexico with Notorious B.I.G. mash



Everyones favorite indie/alt country band Calexico is touring Europe with a new tour album in tow titled Toolbox. The album is an instrumental affair which is something that Calexico does very well.

"The instrumentation on the album features a wide range of instruments John and I have collected over the years including acoustic/electric guitars, drums, upright bass, cello, vibes, accordion, glockenspiel, cuatro, banjo and a new addition to the guitar collection, a waylacho from Mexico. For the recording process John and I ping-ponged parts and popped out the album in three days. We wanted to go back to basics and see what we could do with just a handful of instruments played between the two of us."

Toolbox comes highly recommended (by me) and is available in the Calexico Store and at their upcoming shows.

The first track off the album:

Bonus mash of the song above and the Notorious B.I.G.'s Party and Bullshit:

I think Calexico recorded this song with the intent of Notorious B.I.G. rapping over it. word.


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, August 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there new Stephen Malkmus songs? could you post some stephen malkmus. any new concerts you know of coming through dallas and denton and ft.worth?

 
At 12:32 AM, October 10, 2011, Anonymous wow gold said...

I agree with the above mentioned Eden Eternal Review.I just tried out as you suggested Eden Eternal Goldand it works great Thank you so much.
Buy tera gold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home