Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Rob Crow and Armistead Burwell Smith IV

Pinback consists of two core members Rob Crow and Armistead Burwell Smith IV, both of them release albums apart from Pinback both before and after Pinbacks formation with different projects. The reason I wanted to do this post was because of Goblin Cock but I'll get back to that later.



Armistead Burwell Smith IV released his first solo release, an EP under the name Systems Officer on April 2004. I've heard it describe as a poppier Pinback but I wouldn't simplify it like that actually I would think its the opposite.

Systems Officer - Forever This Cyanide
Systems Officer - Hael
Systems Officer - Signature Red

Before Pinback Armistead Burwell Smith IV played bass in the band Three Mile Pilot.
The band's focal point is usually the deep, dark, dense bass work of ABS#4 (aka Zach)

Three Mile Pilot - On A Ship To Bangladesh

Then there is Rob Crow the other half of Pinback who has so many musical projects I doubt I know half of them.

Rob Crow - Some Things

The overriding quality of Thingy's music is the melody: beautiful, complicated, thoughtful melodies that float just above the surface of music that is sometimes sedate and sometimes seething.

Thingy - Mayday

Thingy - Plenty
Thingy - Revolution in a box



Then there is the whimsical Optiganally Yours, making 70s-influenced music with optigans
Optiganally Yours - Poodle Man
Opitganally Yours - Geppetto
Optiganally Yours - Nonpartisan



In practice, Heavy Vegetable’s music sounded more punkish, with a fractured pop aesthetic that brought the likes of Guided by Voices or the Archers of Loaf to the minds of some critics; early on, their music also bore the unmistakable influence of prog-punk outfits like Slint and Drive Like Jehu.-AMG

Heavy Vegetable - Dutch

Heavy Vegetable - Don't Mean Sh**

On October 25 2005 Goblin Cock is going to release there album Bagged and Boarded. Goblin Cock is Rob Crows metalish project on Absolutely Kosher.

Goblin Cock - Stumped


thats what I call cover art

Since its impossible for me to cover everything this page fills in the blank for Rob Crow

5 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Apexa said...

Now Thingy is a great side project band, they are better than the Postal Service, in my opinion.

 
At 5:45 PM, September 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was nice. you made me miss my friends. you made me miss san diego.
you made me miss making music.

 
At 9:44 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger b said...

all in one post? I must be good.

 
At 7:45 AM, August 18, 2010, Blogger Larah said...

This essay writing is actual!

 
At 6:37 AM, December 22, 2015, Blogger Kenneth said...

When the going gets tough, the tough get going! how To Stand out from the crowd http://www.bestessaywriting.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home