Friday, March 30, 2007

April Shows

So here is my live music picks for the month of April in the D/FW area. I haven't gone to any shows (not counting bands that I didn't know their names) this year other than the Of Montreal show back in Feburary which was pretty damn good. So this month I have one priority show and the rest are maybes.

--Mon 4/2--Explosions In The Sky/the pAper chAse-Granada Theater-Dallas

Explosions in the Sky - Day One

This Explosions In The Sky show is the one priority show just because I have yet to see Explosions In The Sky play live and thats just not right.

--Wed 4/4-TV On The Radio-Granada Theater-Dallas

TV On the Radio - Wolf Like Me (video on youtube)

This is a maybe, TV on the Radio is shit hot right now therefore I don't like them enough to see them at a packed venue unless I get bored.

--Thu 4/5-Ratatat/120 Days/Despot-Ridglea Theater-Ft. Worth

Biggie Smalls - Party & Bullshit (Ratatat remix)

I rekindled my appreciation of Ratatat with the new remix bootleg and I've been listening to Despot lately so I might go. Actually this a pretty good show, I should go.

--Fri 4/6-Ted Leo-Granada Theater-Dallas

Ted Leo - Ghosts

I have to be up early on Saturday but that hasn't stopped me before so we'll see...maybe.

--Sun 4/8-Yo La Tengo-Granada Theater-Dallas

Yo La Tengo - Beanbag Chair

The new album is motivation enough to see them live but its a Sunday show.

--Thu 4/26-Hot Chip-Granada Theater-Dallas

Hot Chip - Over and Over (video on youtube)

Now if this show was a year ago today this show would be more of a priority.

There are couple other great bands stopping by DFW worth checking out, I referenced Good Records.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home