Monday, July 11, 2005

This conversation is ending...starting right now

Today I've been listening to the Jealous Sound EP by the Jealous Sound, a very nice release.

Knapsack put out an album called This conversation is ending...starting right now. My friend recomended it to me about 6-7 years ago while we were at the CD World in Dallas. I trusted her recomendation and bought it. I listened to it and put it aside liking only one song. Then I went off to college and found the cd again and put it in my car cd player and never took it out for two weeks which is a long time for me. It's one of my all time favorite albums. Every single song was great and its one of those odd albums that I can't explain why I hold it in such high regards. Either way the band broke up right after that album which they pretty much knew they were going to do while making the album. Few years passed and Blair Shehan the vocalist and guitarist formed The Jealous Sound with members of Sunday's Best, Jawbox and Neither Trumpets Nor Drums. I was excited when I heard the EP but the album was kind of a disappointment, I figure I was expecting This conversation is ending...starting right now pt. II. Also I didn't like the over polished production. I saw them play a great show in Fort Worth but came in while they were playing and only caught half the set. Jealous Sound toured with Foo Fighters and had an incredible buzz but nothing really took off after the release of their full length.



Jealous Sound - Whats wrong is everywhere
Jealous Sound - Anxious Arms
Jealous Sound - Fold Out

...if savefile.com wasn't down their would be some quality Knapsack posted but this track is alright
Knapsack - Cellophane

A little bonus to get you through Monday, each one worth listening to.
Elliot Smith - Waterloo Sunset (kinks cover)
Feist - Mushaboom ---this song is so good, I love her voice.
Art Brut - Emily Kane
Ash - Burn Baby Burn
Kinks - Lola
Lion King - In the Jungle



2 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, December 14, 2008, Blogger ChrisNoise said...

Hey I know this post is pretty old but is there any chance you still have that elliott smith song? The link there is dead so no luck.

 
At 3:06 AM, May 13, 2016, Blogger sofialery said...

Your blog is very informative. I will suggest you awriter.org/college-paper-org-review for future essay writing inquires.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home