Thursday, February 16, 2006

Noteworthy listens

I thought I'd get of this hip-hop horse I've been riding on lately to post some good ole indie rock.

Mudhoney has a new album coming out this March on Sub Pop, Under A Billion Suns. Its news to me. They have been around since 1988 and are releasing their 9th album.



Mudhoney - Blind Spots

Few other noteworthy listens

Petra Haden - God Only Knows (cover) Another gem by Petra Haden, go to her website for a streaming cover of Thriller
Band of Horses - Funeral I've been rocking this track for a while and its giving me high hopes for the album.
Micah P Hinson - The Leading Guy From his The Baby and The Satellite EP on Jade Tree.
Dudley Perkins - Funky Dudley I just don't ever have enough funk on this blog, this track is from his new Stones Throw release.


2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger fascistsoundwaves said...

Great to see you back up and running again!

The Band of Horses track's lead bit was stirring and piercing...really quite good. Psyche Origami's sick, too.

Clinic's been a latest love of mine...Walking With Thee is a wicked steal for $10. Again, nice blog. Ciao!

 
At 9:23 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger b said...

Thanks for reading and yes clinic is very good, I heard some of their newer stuff but can't remember how it sounded like. I always liked the title track from Walking With Thee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home