Monday, February 13, 2006

At War With The Mystics


The Flaming Lips' newest album, At War With The Mystics was rocking my headphones for the majority of the weekend. I'm sure 300 blogs are writing a review for the same album on the same day so I'll be brief.

As usual with the Flaming Lips, the album starts with a bang with the track Yeah Yeah Yeah Song, which I listened to couple of times before seeing what laid beyond the first track. Along with that excellent track, the rest of the album features Steven Drozd drumming up a storm as usual which for me is one of the highlights of all Flaming Lips releases. The album as a whole has a vibe all its own, seperate from other Flaming Lips albums. Wayne Coyne said in a recent interview that this was a guitar album, although there is more guitar that the last few albums I had a whole different image in my head when I read that. I'm definately picking this album up as soon as it is released and you should too, the Flaming Lips couldn't put out a bad album if they tried.

You can find mp3s from the album from these fine blogs:

Scatter o' Light

i guess i'm floating

The Rawking Refuses to Stop!

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger c said...

thanks for the link love to me at scatter o' light. you have a cool site here.
peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home