Monday, July 24, 2006

Flaming Lips 2006 Acoustic Session


picture by Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips

I really wish I knew the origins of this Flaming Lips recording but all I currently know of it is that it was one long 30 minute track, most likely from a radio show this year (in France, late April maybe?) and features Wayne and Steven in the studio. I edited it down to what I thought was the most relevant parts of the show.

The Flaming Lips - Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (first take)
The Flaming Lips - Yeah Yeah Yeah Song - sad version description
The Flaming Lips - Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (hoe down and slow down)
The Flaming Lips - Do you realize
The Flaming Lips - Thank you Jack White

Download all the tracks---(sendspace)


The "Hoe down and slow down" (I think I hear Steven Drodz in the background calling it that) version of the Yeah Yeah Yeah Song is a pretty good reworking of the At War With The Mystics track with a sadder tone, as explained by Wayne (see: sad version description). I wouldn't say better than the original but worth a listen for Lips fans.

On a related note: At War With Baraka!


6 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, July 25, 2006, Blogger b said...

seems that all of fileden is down at the moment. I'll have an alternate link in few minutes.

 
At 9:34 PM, July 25, 2006, Blogger c said...

very cool - thanks ;)

 
At 7:04 AM, July 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never heard that Wilco song before, what period is it from? Sounds AGIBish.

Is there any more from the same period.

Cheers for the link

SonnyBill

 
At 5:51 PM, July 26, 2006, Blogger coxon le woof said...

Thanks for these - they're ace.

And I think I mat actually prefer this version of 'Do You Realise?' to the album version.

Thanks again.

 
At 1:17 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger b said...

that wilco track is a b-side to A Ghost is Born, read about it and the 11 other tracks here: read on here

 
At 10:15 AM, August 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please email to MOTOVRES@YAHOO.COM or tell me how those .rar files work!

thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home