Saturday, June 24, 2006

Jenny Lewis video feat: Sarah Silverman and Dntel

The cameos by Sarah Silverman and Jimmy Tamborello (Dntel, Postal Service, Figurine) on Rise Up with Fists by Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins, are really quick in the intro. Their placement in the video adds a Hee-Haw vibe to it... does anyone remember that show. I wouldn't of sought out the video if I hadn't heard that Jimmy Tamborello had a small role in it.



I'm a big fan of Jenny Lewis, especially with that voice and her great songwriting but I'm a greater fan of Jimmy Tamborello. Although I do think she looks way hotter.

I think I first got introduced to Jimmy Tamborello from his Dntel project. He had his album Life is Full of Possibilities (Plug Research) which had a song that featured Petra Haden. I was a fan of Petra Haden from her work with The Rentals and I was a fan of them by way of Weezer. Anyway, that's how Weezer got me listening to Dntel.

Dntel - Open The Window and Let Me In
Dntel - Anywhere Anyone
Dntel - This Is The Dream of Evan and Chan (Safety Scissors Mix)
Her Space Holiday - Japanese Gum (DNTEL remix)

Jenny Lewis w/ The Watson Twins - Melt Your Heart

Still getting over the mavs loss...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home