Thursday, July 27, 2006

Mountain Goats-Bonnie 'Prince' Billy connection

Has anyone hear the new Mountain Goat album Get Lonely, I don't feel this album like I did with the previous Mountain Goats releases. It has a sadder more depressing tone to it. I think I just need to give it couple more listens because I've been hearing praises from all corners of the message board world and blogs.



Blogs are for dogs has two great tracks from the album and a link to Mountain Goats' list of Music You Should Hear on Amazon.

Something I immediately took a liking to at first listen was the new Bonnie 'Prince' Billy album The Letting Go.

Each Note Secure a track from that album titled No Bad News



BPB has a fairly entertaining video for Cursed Sleep, especially the end with the fight with ET.



So you might be asking where's the connection. (drumroll) They both have blessed us with covers of R. Kellys ignition, one of the remix, one of the original. Both very enjoyable.

The covers:
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy and Matt Sweeney - Ignition cover
Mountain Goats - The Boys are Back in Town/Ignition (remix) cover

A little bonus, I've been listening to this track a lot recently from the The Brave and the Bold, an all-covers collaboration between Tortoise & Bonnie "Prince" Billy.

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy & Tortoise - Love is Love (Lungfish cover)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home