Friday, June 17, 2005

/Peachcake/Reindeer-Tiger Team/

Two bands hailing from Arizona.

Peachcake

I stumbled on Peachcake after I saw an awesome keytar picture of them playing live[below]. From Tempe, AZ comes the two-man electro-pop act known as Peachcake. They just won Arizona Infusion of Music Award's "Best Electronic" Act few days ago. Catchy, dancy, electronic, indie-rock. I don't want to throw a Postal Service reference so I won't. Lots of promise though.

Stop acting like you know more about the internet cafe than me
I hope we don't get exploded

Hundreds and hundreds of thousands
Are we accidentally at a party?!

Website with some great live videos





Reindeer-Tiger Team

Tempe, Arizona’s, Reindeer/Tiger Team mix of heartfelt songwriting and post-punk drumbeats.

I think the real talent in the band is the drummer. I wouldn't of downloaded their EP if its wasn't for the first time when I heard a song by them I just listened to the drums and wanted to hear more. I think with a good producer and a full band this band can make a great album.

Reindeer-Tiger Team - Boy & Chief (7 Inch)
Boy + Cheif
City (City (Part 1))

The Captain Says...
Get It Out

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, July 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the mp3 links!

 
At 6:56 PM, January 31, 2008, Blogger Murphy said...

Oh man, I know this is a stretch, but could you re-upload those mp3s? I love the fucking R/T Team!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home