Friday, June 10, 2005

Latest Toughs

When I first heard Black Sheep Boy by Okkervil River few months ago I declared it my favorite album of the year in my first listen. I have a particular affinity for bands that are from Texas but also bands that are from Texas and are really good. Great songwriter and great backing band.

Okkervil River - Black

Okkervil River - Latest Toughs

Okkervil River - Get Big




Okkervil River seemed to come out of no where with this album, I've heard a few songs from other albums few years back but never really listened to them or never had anything good enough to turn me on to them but Black Sheep Boy did that for me. After hearing this album I had to hear the others in the back catalog which are great also but this to me is the best of their albums.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, June 10, 2005, Blogger Craig said...

you've got impeccable taste in your top 10 and I like Okerville too so thanks for the three songs

 
At 12:26 PM, June 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time I've come across these guys...good craic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home