Friday, June 03, 2005

DangerDoom

Danger Mouse is teaming up with the Cartoon Network and their Adult Swim line of shows for an album combining new music and clips from the Adult Swim shows. In collaboration with rapper MF Doom, the album will be called [Adult Swim] Presents DangerDoom, and you can look for it in September.

Apparently Danger Mouse and Doom play superhero mice in the musical concept album. Yes, we thought the "concept album" was over 20 years ago as well. Hopefully, between the gags and TV show clips, there'll be room for some music, too.


I heard about this a while back but I didn't know MF Doom was a part of this. I heard one track and damn it, its so good. I never understood the Dangermouse hype, I know he's good but he's getting lot more recognition than he deserves but on this one track I heard he lives up to it. Its sparse with a flute(?) loop and drums with a sample here and there. Okay, keep in mind I'm a really big MF doom fan. I'd post it but I have plans for this track.






dangerdoom





I have high hopes for this collaboration and doom never lets me down.

6 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, June 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, this will be a very interesting partnership. I also know which Dangermouse track you thought lived up to his hype: Ghetto Pop Life. Dangermouse and Jemini.

 
At 10:50 AM, July 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shlt Doom drops beats by the ton by himseLf. He doesnt reaLLy need a DJ/producer to do that for him. However maybe this is just a sLow squeeze for Doom into Mainstream. The GoriLLaz aLbum, and now this? I dont know if thats good or bad. I just hope i never see him on MTV.. or getting radio pLay.

 
At 10:50 AM, July 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shlt Doom drops beats by the ton by himseLf. He doesnt reaLLy need a DJ/producer to do that for him. However maybe this is just a sLow squeeze for Doom into Mainstream. The GoriLLaz aLbum, and now this? I dont know if thats good or bad. I just hope i never see him on MTV.. or getting radio pLay.

 
At 3:43 AM, July 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weeeerd,,i hope i never see doom on mtv of the radio...buts its kinda funny how alot of underground heads r slowly making their way through the mainstream pipeline....look at atmosphere..he only had one video tho...so did doom with his "all caps".

But w/e tho..u gotta do wut u gotta do to feed ur fam rite.

1.

 
At 5:12 PM, July 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it will be an awsome matchup. both artists bring so much to the underground world. i love both these guys and i also agree that them going mainstream would not be good. i dont know about mf doom but dangermouse isnt that worried about going mainstream. i dont think he wants it. i cant wait till this comes out.

 
At 12:35 AM, November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home