Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Coming and Going on Easy Terms

I think I'm going to take it easy today. The day didn't start too well. I woke up from a strange dream that I can't remember but I think I woke with a smile on my face which quickly disappeared when I looked at the clock and realized class started half hour ago. So I made it there 15 minutes later. Then I married two girls in our class and we had 3 girls and one of our daughters got married to a guy from my home island. Polygamy in action. It was a lame exercise that could of been explained in two sentences but it was better than sitting there and listening to an aging activist talk about Anthropology. I'm not even kidding about the activist/hippy part, she was there doing the protests in the 60s and political activism. I don't look down on it but its weird because she looks like a typical aging hippy. She's very knowledgeable about her field and that's all that matters. She does however grade very hard.

Billy Idol was on Conan last night playing a new song. He's going to be on this years Warped Tour. He is quite the show man though.

Billy Idol - Dancing with myself

It wasn't that bad of a song and I'm not sure how big his comeback will be. I remember when Blondie had their reunion. Their single Maria wasn't that bad, I liked it.

Blondie - Maria




I'm guessing people download music...


Pinback - Fortress
These guys have a song [AFK] on a commercial from their newest album Summer in Abbadon. They are so hit and miss with me but when they hit its so good. Here is a nice track from their newest, I highly recommend this track if that means anything to you.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Art Star This song is everywhere and I like it. I hear the YYY's are working on a more folky album for their next release. I'm sure its going to be good judging by previous output but then again there is always a chance of weezering it. I have faith though.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps I'm sure if it was guy singing the same songs in the same style, they would be bigger...or would they?

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Date With The Night This was the single in the UK while at the same time Maps was the single in the US. This one wakes you up.

Metric - Combat Baby I like the idea of both these bands [YYY's and Metric] sharing an apartment in New York. I can't imagine the atmosphere but damn that had to be the coolest living arrangement. Not Metrics best but its whats available.

Johnny Cash - Hurt One of the best covers I've heard. NIN's sung by the Man in Black.




1 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, May 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I think you're taste for music is really brilliant.

//A guy from Sweden

 

Post a Comment

<< Home