Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What I did the past 4 days and some music

It was a great 4 day weekend. We headed down to see some local wrestling, it was fan appreciation with free admission and free beer. I don't have to say how nice that was. I've never been to a wrestling event and it was quite the spectacle. People yelling, everyone drinking, crazy story lines and insults coming from the wrestler and the audience. I got some good yelling in there too, nothing serious just yelling for the sake of yelling. We headed down to the bowling alley afterwards to meet up with some people and then to an apartment. Saturday I rested and headed to my parents place which was nice. Sunday we had some intense 2 on 2 basketball (we won 2 out of 3) and I played more x-box and Dreamcast that I have ever played in my life. Today was all about chores.




More random music.

Calexico - Alone Again, Or Great cover of the song by Love. It has a nice Southwestern flavor to it as does much of Calexicos music.

Calexico - Close Behind (Alt Vocal Version) The original version on Feast of Wire was an instrumental and this is the version with vocals.

Calexico - Across the Wire (Acoustic version)
Again another alternative version from the actual release.

Tom Waits - Alice
I love this album and this song. The album was penned by him and his wife and is out on Anti.

Blur - Tender I think I had a dream with this song in it yesterday so naturally I have to post it.

Kinks - Lola
Always a classic, one of my favorite songs by the Kinks.

The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize A track from the most excellent Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. I can't wait till the new one comes out.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home