Thursday, June 02, 2005

Terror and Dismay

I don't want to go on a rant here but I've been pondering this question for about a month now. I thought with time I might find and answer or perhaps a revelation but I haven't seen any of those. There are certain instances or occurances that make you want to take a step back and look at the society you live in. Sometimes its to marvel at an achievement or sometimes its to look at it with disgust. My problem is one that is not to be marveled at. I have a question that I haven't been able to answer, why is Gwen Stefani's, Love Angel Music Baby getting MTV and radioplay. Why is this album selling. I try not to be biased, I see the talent that lies with her real band No Doubt although I'm not a big fan and I give a lots of artist credit for writing good songs even if I'm not a fan. With the release of her debut solo album and with an album of b-sides from that session soon to be released, I don't know where the music listening audience went wrong. How does she hold her head up high with such horrible songs accompanied by the worst lyrics possible. The only conclusion that I came up with is that she is selling Gwen and not selling the music, there can't be a sane rational person out there that would listen to or buy her album without knowing who Gwen Stefani is. I think I feel embarassed for her, I don't know why. Perhaps because that is the lowest form of embarassment I think there possibly is, other people feeling embarassed for you. She still looks good, she has that going for her. I'm not trying to put anyone down for their musical taste but this is a special case, I had to speak out.



The saboteur


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home