Monday, June 06, 2005

Last nights show

I saw The Faint today [well yesterday I guess]with Bright Eyes and Airborn Audio at the Nokia Center. It was a nice show indeed. I walked in at the end of hip hoppers Airborn Audio's set which sounded good from the 2 songs I heard. It seems that more shows I go to lately have a younger crowd, then I realized they were the same age but I was older. Its cool though because I don't look as old as I am.

The Faint played a really good set. Everyone was dancing and the sound was great, they got the crowd really into the music. Bright Eyes took the stage with a full band including members of The Faint, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and some other regulars for Bright Eyes' touring band. At first I was surprised to see Nick Zinner from the YYY's but then I remembered he played some guitar on the Bright Eyes album so it made sense. I think at most there were 10 people on stage playing. The string section [2 people] sounded great with the Faint and Bright Eyes. I recognized a handful of songs but only really knew three of them, Take it Easy, Neely O'hara and Lover I don't have to love. I really wished I brought my camera, I rushed out of my apartment and realized it wasn't with me when it was too late.

I was really pleased with The Faints set which they played all that I wanted to hear. They were the best performance of the night.








Airbourn Audio - Bright Lights

The Faint - Agenda Suicide

The Faint - I Disappear

The Faint - Birth

The Faint - Worked Up So Sexual

Bright Eyes - Lover I dont have to love

Bright Eyes - Take It Easy (Love Nothing)

Bright Eyes - Gold Mine Gutted

Bright Eyes - Lua


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home