Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Holopaw needs your ear

I'm digging the new Holopaw album. Its one of those album where you have to find the right time and setting to listen to it. Its such a delicate album, if I had a soundtrack for that moment right before I fall asleep, semi-conscience and still partially awake, this would be it. Some of the songs are immediately good from the first listen especially the first track Losing Light and the also the first single Curious. Holopaw doesn't get the love they deserve.

Holopaw - Curious
Holopaw - Losing Light [YSI]

3 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, October 13, 2005, Blogger fascistsoundwaves said...

I bought the album a month ago and got into it after a few listens. People have said that Brock's influence is glaring, but I have trouble relating his sound to other bands. In any case, kudos to recognizing its soft revolution and sticking with it long enough to revel therein, as I have enjoyed doing.

 
At 1:50 AM, October 13, 2005, Blogger fascistsoundwaves said...

Oh shat. I totally forgot to plug for Wolf Parade. So I'll do that here. Ready? HERE. (Brock is again involved with this project...but I find it easier to see his influence in the production on Apologies to the Queen Mary)

 
At 2:08 AM, October 13, 2005, Blogger b said...

I think what got me listening to Holopaw was John Orths voice and me thinking I recognized it from somewhere. Few days ago I realized it was from Issac Brocks solo album Sharpen your teeth were Orth sang in Hotcha Girls. And yes I do agree i hear his influence more in Wolf parade than holopaw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home