Friday, October 14, 2005

Sun Kil Moon covers Modest Mouse



I've heard few Sun Kil Moon songs and I've been pretty indifferent towards them. Some I like better than others but the gap is slight which is what I would say about the new album of Modest Mouse covers. The songs are good but I don't terribly hate one or love anyone of them. Music (For Robots) posted Dramamine which I thought was alright but not the best on the album although one of Modest Mouses' best. Here are a couple of other tracks from that album that are noteworthy.

6 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, October 14, 2005, Blogger fascistsoundwaves said...

I appreciate your posting of additional songs from this cover album...I also read the post in MFR regarding it and chanced a listen to their pick, finding it intriguing.

Not to assert my opinion too emphatically here, but of the three I prefer Convenient Parking's cover. I found the dark, smoothe rendition pleasing to my ears. Other than that, I'm a bit of a skeptic regarding manipulation of Modest Mouse's earlier Pixies-esque noise.

Great blog you have here. Cheers!

 
At 10:50 PM, October 14, 2005, Blogger b said...

I agree with you, at first listen Convenient Parking is the stand out track. I think after few listens the other tracks start to shine.

 
At 6:19 PM, October 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are amazing.

 
At 6:21 PM, October 16, 2005, Blogger b said...

I know

 
At 2:18 PM, October 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha.

 
At 12:00 PM, November 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try "Trucker's Atlas"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home