Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Blueprint

Blueprint is bringing 88 back. Well on his latest LP 1988 he is. Most everytime I get into a drunken discussion about underground hip hop this album always comes up and my reply has always been, "yea, I need to check that out". Well I did and now I'm here to give you the heads up.



Blueprint wrote, recorded and produced most of this album that brings back the old-school sound of the golden age of hip hop, 1988. Many of the tracks sample from many hip hop classics that I'm not going to pretend that I know but if something seems familiar thats why. This Rhymesayers release features an appearance on the track Lo-fi Funk, by one of my favorites in hip hop, Aesop Rock. Its one of my favorites on the album, with a very familiar sample loop that I can't put my finger on and some nice rhymes:

"I hate most commercial rap and the labels that are sellin it, almost as much as I hate the president, what kind of world are we livin in, when they kill Martin and Malcom but let this coward live, they killed Tupac forgot about Will Smith, they killed Biggie Smalls and left Durst with Limp Bizkit".

Another one of my favorites is the title track 1988, it has one of the best lines on the album:

You wanna playa hate, we can take it back to '88
My catalog is analog dog, all cassette tapes


Blueprint - 1988
Blueprint - Lo-Fi Funk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home