Sunday, December 11, 2005

favorite albums of 2006

I already have a list of my favorite albums of 2006, most from the month of Janurary. After hearing the new Island album, they've got the top spot. I was disappointed at first not to see Bucky Little Wing on the track list but then when I heard the bonus song, I was satisfied. Tomorrow I plan on putting up my years favorite music list that I've been putting off for a while. Till then:

Top 6 Albums of 2006

1. Islands - Return to the Sea (Janurary 2006)
2. Two Gallants - Who The Toll Tells (February 21, 2006)
3. Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins - Rabbit Furcoat (January 24, 2006)
4. Destroyer - Rubies (February 21, 2006)
5. The Strokes - First Impressions Of Earth (January 3, 2006)
6. Belle And Sebastian - The Life Pursuit (February 6, 2006)

"I think what we're trying to do is aim at the blog people," Tambeur adds. "It's all about blogs.

"Records don't matter. I don't even know what blogs are, really, but we're trying to get them talking about us. A record's kind of a thing of the past. That wasn't my idea. I read it somewhere and I was just trying to apply it."


Islands via Chartattack

5 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, December 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny absolutely ruined the Traveling Wilberries (sp?) song. She does not have the life experience to sing that song and bring any truth to it. Is she being ironic? Isn't that the 90's emotion?

 
At 11:12 PM, December 11, 2005, Blogger fascistsoundwaves said...

I have utterly loved all the material I've scavenged from across the net of Islands...so much so that I worked backwords and bought a Unicorns album. *sigh...if happiness were/was [a] physical thing[s]...

 
At 6:00 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger b said...

yea that Traveling Wilberries cover wasn't the biggest highlight on the album, great guest vocalists though.

---

The Islands surprised me, but I favor the Unicorns album more than the Islands one. Both great releases though.

 
At 6:16 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Jason said...

Mogwai's Mr. Beast in my opinion will do well. Have you heard the leaked album yet?

 
At 6:30 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger b said...

I saw it for download but I never really got into Mogwai before. I will however check it out based on your recomendation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home