Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Oh No : Exodus Into Unheard Rhythms

Oh No's newest album on Stones Throw, Exodus Into Unheard Rhythms hits stores today. Oh No produced the entire album using only Galt MacDermot (Canadian pianist, composer and writer of musical theater like Hair(!)) samples for the whole album. While I was a fan of some of the track on his debut album, I think the tracks on this, his second, has a lot more staying power. It has one of my favorite hip hop tracks of the year featuring Posdnuos from De La Soul.


Oh No - Smile A Lil Bit Feat. Posdnuos (from de la soul)
from spine magazine

Also, has anyone heard the new Madvillian? There is a radio rip floating around but I'm going to wait for a better to surface before I post.

Speaking of MF Doom and De La Soul

De la Soul featuring MF Doom - Rock Co Kane Flow (you tube)
...like tucan sam and em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home