Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Games Afoot

Today somehow I completely slept through class until about 30 minutes until it was over. My only explanation I can think of is that I was so sleep deprived yesterday from sleeping late after working on my project and waking up early to complete it. It was my best work for the class though so I'm happy.

I just came back from my Philosophy class, we had a guest speaker, Dr. something or the other, a doctor of theology. There are few instructors that I respect and my Philosophy instructor is one of them, I can only think of 2 others in the 4 years of college that I respected as instructors. So guest speakers in this class are always kind of lame. This guest speaker I will remember because I haven't ever seen a man of 60, a man with a ph.D almost break into tears. His voice started to break, his lips started to quiver and his face contorted. He was telling a story about what happen to a friend of his. Right before he was energetic, laughing and smiling, he was taking questions and making jokes. All this emotion because his friend said he left his camera in the first building. Of course this is a simplification of the story and doesn't actually address the reason, which was a valid one for him to get emotional. But the fact of the matter is that only after he regained his compusure we realized why he was reacting like this. After some explanation. So to us, some guy left a camera in a building and this guy was about to cry about it. It was a strange akward moment. The whole class was all looking at him with a puzzled look on their face.



My favorite quote of today:
"You can drop that cheesy accent"
"I can't...I'm British."
Then followed by akward silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home