Friday, November 04, 2005

Z

The new My Morning Jacket album, Z took me by surprise. I wasn't that big of fan of theirs from the songs that I heard on their previous releases, so I didn't have high hopes. The first time played the album I was right about to give up on it till I got to track 4, What a wonderful man. My first thought was, that sounds like the Flaming Lips, then my next thought was if that was the one good track on there. It wasn't. I'm so used to albums that start off strong but then peter out towards the end, this one builds up. Z is a bit uneven at times but when it hits its stride, it does it well.

My 3 favorites from the album:
What A Wonderful Man
Off The Record
Anytime


3 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, November 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMJ's new CD is encoded with new copy protection that prevents legal purchasers from transferring the songs to iPods or laptops. I like MMJ, but will spend my money on a more consumer-friendly band.

 
At 3:59 PM, November 06, 2005, Blogger b said...

Thats lame, If you buy the cd you should be able to put it on your computer or whatever else you listen to music on.

 
At 4:50 PM, November 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you don't click to install the software when you put the cd in, you can rip it without a problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home