Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Iron & Wine and Calexico Live at the Triple Door 10.22.05

I made a new banner just because I just finished taking a tough exam and naturally I was in lazy mode for the rest of the day. I made about 16 or so banners before I got tired and picked one that wasn't too lame. This should keep me happy for about a month or so.

I went to see Iron & Wine and Calexico last week and it was an amazing show. I was going to post pictures but I completly forgot. I do have something better though, a live EP of both bands performing together on October 22 at the Triple Door in Seattle, WA, a week before I saw them in Fort Worth.

Here's a little write up about the live ep:

IRON & WINE with CALEXICO
Live At The Triple Door 2005 [No label, 1CD]

To promote their new joint EP, In The Reins, both groups performed at the Triple Door in Seattle, WA, on Oct 22, 2005. An excellent performance with the covers being timely in tuning into the collective mood of America at war. Check out the horns which add a nice church-y touch to this laid-back sound. It's that old time division between rural life and urban rush. The iron backbone and the wine of leisure.



click image for printable cover art

01 Intro (1.4MB)
02 He Lays In The Reins (7.8MB)
03 Red Dust (6.6MB)
04 Prison On Route 41(7.4MB)
05 All Tomorrow's Parties [Velvet Underground cover] (8.4MB)
06 History Of Lovers (6.1MB)
07 Dead Man's Will (6.3MB)
08 Wild Horses [Rolling Stones cover] (8.8MB)

Download

note: An offending word has been edited out on Track 6. This edit is inherent in the source material. Those bastards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home